Information & Discussion Event
Migrants’ Voices, Migrants’ Lives
In the Highlands and beyond:
Together for Migrants’ Rights
Migrants‘ Rights Scotland in cooperation with the Ethnic Minority Law Centre invites you to an evening of
- joint learning about migrants‘ rights
- sharing our experiences of life in the Highlands and beyond
- exchanging ideas of how migrants, migrant community groups and supporting organisations can work together to promote the rights of migrants.
Date: Wednesday, 15th June 2011
Venue: Multicultural Centre Inverness, 1 Ardconnel Terrace, Inverness IV2 3AE
Saaima Khalid (Ethnic Minority Law Centre): Recent immigration policy changes and how to get legal advice
Marta Chaba (UNISON): Supporting migrant workers in the Highlands
This event is free.
A buffet dinner and refreshments will be provided.
- Places are limited. Please book your place as soon as possible by registering online or by contacting us.
- For those coming from outside Inverness: We have a small travel bursary to help with travel costs of migrants who wish to attend. Please contact us for further arrangements.
A flyer with the full programme and more information can be viewed here: Flyer Inverness event 15 June 2011 (1)
For more information on the event or for inquiries please contact Hyo Eun Shin, csp[at]migrantsrightsscotland.org.uk